I created this salad one day with some leftover lamb. It has delicious Greek flavours and works so well with the redcurrant jelly in the dressing.
- 300 g leftover cooked lamb
- 200 g tin of beans (butter beans, black eye or cannellini beans, drained)
- 110 g salad leaves (about 4 large handfuls)
- small handful of mint leaves
- about 24 black olives (pitted and halved)
- 200 g feta cheese (crumbled)
- for the redcurrant dressing:
- 4 tsp redcurrant jelly
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- First make the dressing. Place the redcurrant jelly in a small bowl, add the vinegar and olive oil, season with a little salt and pepper and whisk together until emulsified.
- Carve or tear the lamb into thin slices and toss lightly with the beans, salad and mint leaves on one big serving platter or in individual bowls. Scatter the olives and crumbled bits of feta cheese on top. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
- This recipe and many more are available in Rachel's book, 'Rachel Allen: Home Cooking', published by Harper Collins.
More by Rachel Allen:
- Milk Ice Cream: A little DIY, A lot of Taste
- Chocolate Meringue Cake: A serious picnic bonus
- Fennel, pink grapefruit, feta salad: Rachel Allen