- 4 peaches
- 5 amaretti biscuits
- 1 tblsp amaretto
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- butter for the baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Halve the peaches and remove the stones. Scoop out some flesh with a melon baller and place into a bowl.
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Mix the biscuits, egg yolk and sugar with the flesh and amaretti.
- Place the peaches on the greased baking tray. Spoon the amaretti mix into the peaches.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with mascarpone or cream.
Catherine's tip: You can serve this with a sweet sauce made from 150ml (5fl.oz) orange juice, a dash of sherry and 4 tablespoons raspberry jam. Bring this to a simmer and allow to thicken slightly.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Today: Catherine's Cider Chicken Casserole
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio