A delicious and decadant dessert from Catherine Fulvio
- for the semifreddo:
- 100 g canned cherries (drained)
- 100 g caster sugar (divided)
- 300 ml double cream
- 4 tblsp limoncello
- 400 ml crème fraîche
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- for the coulis:
- 250 g canned cherries (drained)
- 3 tblsp sugar
- 2 tblsp limoncello
- Line a 1kg loaf tin (19cm x 1cxm x 9cm) with cling film.
- To make the semifreddo, chop the cherries, then place in a bowl with 45g of the sugar.
- Whisk the cream, limoncello and the remainder of the sugar together until soft peaks form. Beat the crème fraîche slightly and fold this into the cream mixture. Fold in the cherries and add the chocolate chips. Pour into the loaf tin and smooth the top.
- Freeze for 1 hour, uncovered, then cover with cling film and return to the freezer for 6 hours. This can be frozen for up to 3 weeks.
- Meanwhile, to make the coulis, place the cherries, sugar and limoncello in a saucepan over a gentle heat until the sugar dissolves. Leave to cool. Place in a blender and whizz until smooth. For a finer finish, pour the coulis through a sieve.
- To serve, thaw the semifreddo in the fridge for 1 hour, then remove from the tin and peel off the wrap. Place on a presentation platter. Drizzle with some coulis and serve in slices.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Brussels Sprouts With Butter (or Cannellini) Beans
- Christmas Bombe with Cranberry and Cointreau Sauce
- Veggie Christmas: Butternut Squash, Sage Risotto