A delicious Italian main from Catherine Fulvio.
- 8 prosciutto slices
- 4 pork escalopes, about 1 cm thick
- 12 small sage leaves
- 200 ml white wine
- 40 g butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil, extra virgin
- Season the escalopes on both side with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 sage leaves on the top side of each piece of pork then wrap 2 slices of prosciutto on each escalope and press firmly to seal.
- Heat a frying pan with some olive oil. Cook the pork over a high heat on both sides until golden.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and cook until the alcohol has evaporated. Season to taste.
- Then melt the butter and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve the escalopes with the sauce, wilted spinach and parmesan mash potatoes.