These make an excellent lunchtime treat. Great for children!
- 4 lamb steaks (finely sliced)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1 large sweet red pepper (sliced)
- 1 large courgette (sliced)
- 3 cloves of peeled black garlic (finely sliced)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 0.5 to 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (according to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tblsp olive oil or stir-fry oil for frying
- 1 tblsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- tortillas, shredded lettuce and soured cream, to serve
- black bean sauce (optional)
- Place the lamb, onion, sweet red peppers, courgettes and black garlic in a non-metallic bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce and chilli powder together. Pour over the lamb and vegetables. Leave to marinate for an hour.
- When you are ready to eat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or stir fry oil in a wok. Heat until it is hot. Add the meat and vegetable mixture.
- Stir-fry over a high heat until the meat and vegetables are cooked.
- Season to taste. Stir through the chopped fresh coriander. As an optional extra a tablespoon of black bean sauce makes a good addition.
- Serve straight away with tortilla wraps, lettuce and sour cream.
Donal's tip: Substitute the lamb for chicken or for a vegetarian version add different vegetables such as mangetout and baby corn.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style