Friends coming over?
- 12 large, flat open mushrooms
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 0.5 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 10 sunblush tomatoes (chopped)
- 8 tblsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 4 tblsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 120 g st tola goat's cheese (crumbled)
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and scoop out the gills with a teaspoon and finely chop.
- Gently stir fry the mushroom stalks and gills in the olive oil along with the onion and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, pesto, cheese and breadcrumbs and stir until the breadcrumbs have soaked up all the liquid.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C.
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Chicken Wholegrain Rolls: Food on the Go!
- Spiced Citrus Cake: Something for the Weekend
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade