A simple yet delicious recipe.
- for the salad:
- 250 g black rice (cooked)
- 2 pre-cooked aromatic duck portions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 head of chinese cabbage (finely shredded)
- 6 spring onions (finely sliced on the diagonal)
- for the dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- Rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear and then place in a medium sized pot.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack. While the rice is cooking, place the duck in a roasting tin and cook according to the instructions on the pack. When the duck is cooked, slice into fine strips and set aside under tinfoil to keep warm.
- In a bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and add in the black rice, sliced duck, Chinese cabbage, and spring onions.
- Toss everything until it’s all combined
More by Donal Skehan:
- Sunday Brunch: Fridge Leftovers Frittata
- Donal Skehan's Fish & Chips recipe
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs