A gorgeous fish recipe from Conrad Gallagher.
- for the fish:
- 4 oz piece of fresh turbot
- 1 table spoon of polenta flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- for the fricassee of mushrooms:
- mixed field mushrooms
- 0.25 cup morels
- 0.25 cup giroles
- 0.25 cup chantrelles
- 0.25 cup porcini
- 1 table spoon of unsalted butter
- sprig of thyme
- for the mushroom duxelle:
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tblsp of chopped shallot
- 1 tblsp of sliced porcini mushrooms
- 1 tblsp of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of grated parmesan
- 1 tsp of truffle oil (optional)
- Beat the egg and coat the fish through the egg and the polenta.
- Clean all the mushrooms and remove any hard skin of soil.
- To make the duxelle, using a hot pan add the olive oil and shallot toss gently, add the button mushrooms add the porcine and thyme.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the butter, finish with the parmesan, and blend until smooth.
- Using a thick bottom pan, sauté gentle the wild mushrooms until crispy and season with salt and pepper.
- Pan fry the fish until golden brown.
- Serve in a big white bowl.
More by Conrad Gallagher:
- Roasted Organic Salmon, with Salsify Purée, Braised Salsify with Balsamic Salsify Chips and Wilted
- Crabcakes with Kataifi pastry, basque style stew of peppers with rocket and shaved fennel
- Pan Seared Scallops with Soya Beans, Chorizo, Coconut and Wild Rocket