The fruit tartlets are simply delicious and work really well as a dinner party dessert.
- sweet pastry:
- 300 g plain flour
- 110 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- white chocolate filling:
- 300 g white chocolate
- 3 tblsp baileys
- 150 ml whipped cream
- 1 tblsp apricot jam
- 1 tblsp water
- Sweet Pastry Method:
- Cream Butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in Eggs and flour and bring the mixture together.
- Wrap in cling film and allow to rest.
- Grease and line 6 small tartlet moulds with the sweet pastry.
- The tartlet cases that I use are 4 inch oval, although you can use round ones either if you prefer. This can also be made as one large tart.
- Blind bake the tartlet case.
- White Chocolate Filling Method:
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water until it has melted.
- Add in the baileys and whisk thoroughly. Fold in the whipped cream and mix well.
- Divide this between the blind baked tartlet cases.
- Topping Suggestions:
- Mixed fruit-halved or cut into slices
- Kiwi, Apples, Grapes, Strawberries
- Raspberries, Blackberries, Plums
- Glaze Method:
- Place the apricot jam and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Brush the jam over the fruit and allow to set for a few minutes before serving.
Kevin's Tips: Try not to make them up too far in advance as the filling can tend to soften the pastry. Make sure the glaze is boiling, if it is not boiling when you are using it then it will be very thick and lumpy on the top of the tarts and you will not get the same shine.