Warm up your winter with this tasty soup!
- 6 large carrots (chopped roughly)
- 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 litre/2 pints vegetable stock
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- a good pinch of salt and pepper
- a handful of freshly chopped parsley
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the onions, sauté for approximately 2 minutes or until golden.
- While they are frying add in the ginger, cumin and curry powder. You will really see the colours of the spices come alive.
- Tumble in the carrots and stir amongst the onion over a medium heat for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Put on a lid and simmer for 25–30 minutes or until the carrot chunks are tender. Season with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- You can serve the soup as it is for a chunky hearty soup or blitz to a puree and garnish with a handful of freshly chopped parsley.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style