Perfection in under an hour.
- 650 g ripe plum tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tblsp olive oil, extra virgin, for roasting
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 3 tblsp chopped or shredded fresh basil leaves
- 60 ml olive oil, extra virgin (for the dressing)
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar, for the dressing
- sea salt and black pepper, for seasoning
- 60 g green olives (whole)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Slice the tomatoes in half lengthways, deseed and place on a roasting tray. Drizzle over olive oil and a little black pepper. Roast for about 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese about ½ cm thick.
- Using a rectangular presentation platter, place bands of tomato, followed by cheese and then the olives across the platter.
- Sprinkle with the basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Today: Catherine's Cider Chicken Casserole
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio