Cut into wedges and serve garnished with parsley.
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 2 medium courgettes (diced about 1½cm)
- 7 eggs (free-range and organic if possible)
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 50 g grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Add the onions and thyme and sauté until the onions are soft and slightly caramelised. Add the diced courgettes and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meantime, in a bowl, mix together the eggs, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift the onions and courgettes from the pan and place into the egg mixture, stirring to coat.
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook over a very low heat, until the egg begins to set. To prevent the frittata from sticking, use a metal spatula to lift it and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat. The frittata will have set around the edges and will still be unset in the centre. Transfer to a grill at this stage. Place the frittata under the grill for about 5 minutes, until the base is set and golden.
- To remove it from the pan, place a plate over the frying pan and invert the pan. The frittata should just pop onto the plate (take care, as the pan will be very hot). Cut into wedges and serve garnished with parsley.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes