- 3 medium potatoes
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- a large handful of spinach (washed and dried)
- a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- a pinch of paprika
- Boil the potatoes until tender, rinse under cold water and, when they are cool, slice thinly (about a 1/2cm) and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a hot pan and add the garlic and onion and cook for 2–3 minutes or until they become golden and tender. Add the spinach, cook until wilted and spread evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the slices of potato on top of the spinach. Season beaten eggs with a pinch of black pepper and paprika.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the potatoes, onions, garlic and spinach. Give the pan a gentle shake to allow the eggs to surround the ingredients. Cook over a gentle heat until the mixture has set around the edges, but is still a little soft in the centre. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop the whole pan (be careful of plastic handles!) under a hot grill to finish cooking for about two minutes or until nicely browned.
- Slice into chunky wedges and serve with a side salad. Any leftovers make a tasty little breakfast the next morning, hot or cold.