- sweet pastry:
- 300 g plain flour
- 110 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- filling and topping:
- 6 pears
- preheat the oven to 180°c (350°f/gas 4)
- 175 g butter
- 175 g caster sugar
- 150 g ground almonds
- 50 g plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- For the Sweet Pastry:
- Cream Butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and flour and bring the mixture together.
- Wrap in cling film and allow to rest.
- Line six individual deep filed tartlet cases with some sweet pastry.
- (Retain any leftover pastry for a later use.)
- For the Filling and Topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Peel and core the pears and put wedges of each pear into the lined tartlet cases.
- Meanwhile cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, ground almonds and plain flour and mix until well combined.
- Divide this frangipane mixture on top of the pears and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the frangipane mixture has set and turned golden brown.
- Remove from the tartlet cases and serve with ice cream and freshly whipped cream.
- Top Tip:
- Feel free to substitute the pears for some strawberry jam, diced apples or fresh mixed berries.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say