- 8 mackerel fillets ( pinboned)
- 1 punnet black berries ( cut in half)
- 2 tblsp curry powder (or spices of your choice)
- 4 table spoons crème fraiche
- juice ½ orange and rind
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 2 table spoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 table spoons brown sugar
- 1 table spoon chopped chives
- 4 potatoes peeled (boiled and diced)
- 1 tblsp horseradish
- Coat the mackerel fillets with the spices not on the skin just the flesh.
- Heat a nonstick pan, add a little oil and place mackerel skin side down.
- Cook for 3 to 4 min till skin is crispy.
- Turn fish and cook for 1 to 2 min more.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove.
- Add wine vinegar and sugar into a sauce pot, heat till sugar is dissolved, add blackberries, cook for 2 to 3 min, add olive oil.
- Mix crème Fraiche, orange juice, rind and chives season with salt and pepper
- Mix potatoes, horseradish and olive oil & season.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say