- 4 large chicken breasts on the bone
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 50 g sundried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 75 g mixed nuts (walnuts, cashew, almonds, pecan, macadamia)
- 110 g breadcrumbs
- a good handful of parsley (roughly chopped)
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 2 large red peppers (cut into slices)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Melt the butter in a pan over a high heat, add the onions and sweat for 5-6 minutes until soft. Remove from the heat and add in the breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes, parsley and mixed nuts, stirring to combine. Season with a generous amount of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a roasting tray and using a sharp knife, make a slit lengthways along the side of the chicken breast, but be sure not to cut the whole way through.
- Stuff the inside of the chicken pocket with a heaped tablespoon of the stuffing mix.
- Toss the pepper slices with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and arrange around the chicken breasts.
- Finally drizzle the chicken breasts with a little olive oil and season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the roasting tray in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with a few of the caramelised pepper slices on top and dig in.