- 250 g scallops
- 1 lime juice and zest (finely grated)
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger root
- 350 g butternut squash (peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks)
- 55 g low fat soft cheese
- freshly ground slack pepper
- sprig of fresh lemon thyme or chervil, to garnish
- Put the scallops into a shallow, non metallic bowl with the lime zest and juice, ginger and soy sauce. Stir well, then cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Then cook the butternut squash and potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes well and mash thoroughly, then beat in the low fat soft cheese. Season with black pepper.
- Keep warm over a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a griddle pan or non stick frying pan.
- Drain the scallops and add to the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side. Avoid overcooking them as they can quickly toughen.
- Share the mash between two warmed plates and serve with the scallops, garnished with sprigs of chervil or lemon thyme.