Serve as a tasty side dish or a really tasty lunch.
- 1 large head of broccoli (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 125 g packet of ready chopped pancetta or bacon
- 100 g crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- a good pinch of sea salt and of ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. While the water is boiling, combine
- the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a serving bowl.
- Add the broccoli to the pot of water and blanch for 60 seconds – you should see the broccoli turn a vibrant green.
- Drain the broccoli pieces and run under cold water. Add the broccoli to the serving bowl and set aside.
- Place a small frying pan over a high heat and fry the bacon/pancetta pieces until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, place on some kitchen paper and allow to cool before adding to the rest of salad.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and tumble in to the bowl on top of the broccoli.
- Add the bacon pieces and feta cheese to the serving bowl.
- Gently toss with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with sea salt and black pepper. Serve as a tasty side dish or a really tasty lunch.
- You can also add walnuts or pine nuts for extra crunch!
More by Donal Skehan:
- Donal Skehan's Fish & Chips recipe
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella