A nutritious, tasty snack or lunch box filler.
- 250 g wholewheat penne pasta
- 150 g sunblush tomatoes (plus a little of the oil they are stored in)
- 75 g goat’s cheese
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- a good pinch of sea salt
- a few slices of good crunchy toasted bread to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to
- instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove the tomatoes from the oil they are
- stored in and set the oil aside to add to the pasta later.
- Roughly chop the basil leaves and sunblush tomatoes and set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain in a colander and put back in the pot.
- Drizzle with the tomato oil and add the basil and sunblush tomatoes, stir
- to combine.
- Crumble in the goat’s cheese, season with a little sea salt and, using a large serving spoon, stir the cheese through the pasta.
- Serve straightaway or this also works really well as a tasty lunch box filler.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Sunday Brunch: Fridge Leftovers Frittata
- Donal Skehan's Fish & Chips recipe
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs