Perfect comfort food for a cold winter's evening!
- 3 oz pearl rice
- ¾ pint coconut milk
- ¾ pint cream
- 1.5 oz caster sugar
- 0.5 vanilla pod
- Heat milk, cream and vanilla pod over medium heat. Put the pearl rice and sugar into a greased ovenproof dish and add the hot liquid and stir and cover with tinfoil.
- Cook in a low oven – 140°C for an hour, stirring after half an hour
- When the rice is soft and nearly all of the liquid has evaporated, remove from the oven.
- Serve in a glass or steel ring and then top with the warm fruit salad.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones