Serve with crispy bacon and a squeeze of lemon.
- 300 g king scallops
- 200 g puy lentils(green lentils)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1 celeriac (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf and thyme sprig
- 100 g smoked pork belly
- 4 streaky rashers
- 1 chicken stock cube
- splash of cream
- 1 tblsp butter/ chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- Boil and strain the lentils 3 times. The forth time, just barely cover with water.
- Add the carrot, celeriac, shallot, garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Add ½ chicken stock cube and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Strain and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Place the cooking liquid into a clean pot and reduce until almost evaporated, adding the cream, continue to reduce with the lentils and the vegetables returned to the liquid until it becomes thick and coats the lentils.
- Place the streaky rashers on a baking tray and cover with baking paper.
- Place another baking tray on top sandwiching the bacon and cook at 160C for 10-12 mins until crisp.
- Heat a small frying pan and add some oil, season the scallops and cook for 1-2 minutes a side until brown and cooked medium.
- To serve, reheat the lentil mixture and finish by stirring in the chopped parsley and the butter to thicken.
- Place the king scallops, crispy bacon and a squeeze of lemon juice on top.