A healthy option from an 'Afternoon Show' viewer.
- olive oil
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 1 chopped pepper
- 500-750 ml of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of red lentils
- bunch of basil (chopped)
- balsamic vinegar
- spices: black pepper, salt, oregano
- Heat olive oil in pot and sautee the onion, garlic, pepper, and mushrooms.
- add spices add stock and tomatoes mix well, add lentils and bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add basil and balsamic vinegar simmer covered for another 15 minutes.