Serve with plain Basmati rice and naan bread.
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into 1" cubes)
- 2 medium onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 heaped teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 green chilli (chopped finely, optional)
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder
- 150 ml cream
- coriander to garnish
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan fry the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and green chilli. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric, chilli and a pinch of salt. Fry for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and water. Stir well, lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until well cooked.
- Dry off the sauce until the oil starts to separate from the sauce - it will be almost sticking.
- Add the cubed chicken and a few tablespoons of water to the sauce.
- Slowly bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat. Stir in the double cream. Stir well.
- Add the coriander leaves and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with plain Basmati rice and naan bread.