Pork Chops with Onion Gravy
A quick and easy meal.
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 head of savoy cabbage
- 50 g butter
- 6-8 potatoes
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 apples-quartered
- for the onion gravy:
- 1 medium onion (sliced into very thin slices)
- 0.50 glass of white wine
- 300 ml beef stock
- 1 dsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp wosteshershire sauce
- Peel, boil and mash the potatoes with a little butter and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the wholegrain mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4)
- Meanwhile peel and core the apples-and leave them cut in quarters
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and quickly seal the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on either side.
- At this stage add in the apples and some extra butter (1oz/25g) and allow the apples to caremelise.
- Transfer the pork to a baking dish and place the pork and the apples into the oven for a remaining 10-12 minutes to ensure the pork is well cooked through.
- For the Onion Gravy:
- When you are finished cooking the chops retain the pan.
- Strain off as much fat as you can and then turn on the heat under the pan.
- In a little butter fry off and begin to caramelise the onions until they have softened nicely.
- Add in all the liquids and allow the mixture to come to the boil and boil for 5-6 minutes until the sauce has sufficiently reduced.
- To Serve:
- Spoon some of the potatoes onto the serving platter, topped with the buttered cabbage and then arrange the pork chops on top of each.
- Serve with a few of the roasted apples as a suitable accompaniment.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say