- 6 large granny smith apples
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 2 oz dried cranberries
- 2 oz raisins
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- spray oil (one calorie per spray variety)
- Peel and core the apples and chop into small chunks and place in a saucepan, add the sugar and cook over a low heat until the apples start to soften.
- Stir in the cranberries, raisins and cinnamon and allow apple mixture to cool
- Place one pastry sheet towards the top of a clean tea towel and spray twice with the spray oil then place the second pastry sheet slightly over lapping the bottom of the first sheet by 2” spraying again with the oil, repeat once more with the 2 remaining sheets of pastry.
- Spoon the filling all over the pastry leaving a 2” border all around the pastry
- Fold in the sides of the pastry and using the tea towel, roll the filled pastry up like a Swiss roll.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Serve while warm this is lovely served with low fat yogurt.