Carrots, sweet potatoes and squash all contain beta carotene (vitamin A) which is important for healthy skin, hair and eyes.
- 1 butternut squash (peeled deseeded and diced)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled, trimmed and sliced)
- 6 shallots (peeled and finely sliced)
- 1 fennel (trimmed and chopped)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and chopped)
- 4 tblsp chopped parsley
- 5 tblsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Bring a large pan half-filled with water to the boil. Add the squash, sweet potato, carrots, shallots, fennel and stock cube and bring back to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add garlic. Allow to cool, then remove the vegetables and place into a bowl. Blend half of the stock with the vegetables, either in a food processor of hand blender to your desired consistency.
- Chop the remaining vegetables and return to the soup to have a chunky consistency. Or, puree all of the vegetables if desired. Garnish with parsley and pumpkin seeds