Treats can be healthy!
- 1 kg fully ripe mangoes
- 100 ml water
- 1 tblsp clear honey
- grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- juice of 1 large orange
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- Peel and cut the flesh off the mangoes. Purée it in a food processor.
- Put the water, honey, lemon zest and juice and orange juice in a saucepan and bring them to the boil.
- Boil hard until the liquid has reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then stir it into the mango purée.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gradually whisk in the sugar until they are shiny and stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the mango mixture.
- Spoon into individual glasses and chill for 2 hours, or until set.