Impress your guests with this tasty meal.
- for the dressing:
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 pinches brown sugar
- salt & pepper
- for the salad:
- 4 pigeon crowns
- 2 large beetroot
- 2 oranges
- 50 hazelnuts/ walnuts
- 100 g feta cheese (diced)
- Peel and cut the beetroot into wedges and bake in tin foil for 10-15 minutes until soft. Roast the hazelnuts and walnuts for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- For the pigeon, remove the breasts from the crown and fry in butter 1-2 minutes either side until pink.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and lightly dress the leaves and top with the nuts, orange, sliced pigeon breast and diced feta cheese.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote