A meal that is as simple to prepare as it is tasty.
- 450 g fillet of beef (4 steaks)
- for the sautéed vegetables:
- 12-14 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 small head broccoli
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 75 g mangetout
- 3 tblsp soy sauce
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- for the roasted garlic mashed potato:
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 bulb garlic
- 25 ml milk
- Slice trimmed fillets of beef into medallions about ½ inch thick
- Heat a pan until smoking hot. Brush with a little oil.
- Place the medallions of beef on the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side-depending on how you like your beef cooked.
- (Bear in mind that they will cook quickly as they are quite thin)
- Remove the beef from the pan when it is sealed on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Place another little drizzle of oil on the pan and fry off onions, garlic, broccoli, maungetout, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms until almost fully cooked (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Add in 3 tablespoons soy sauce and continue to cook gently for another moment or two.
- For the Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5).
- Slice the bulb of garlic across horizontally.
- Place on a baking tray and roast in the hot oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel, boil and mash the potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add in the milk and squeeze in the roasted garlic. Mash thoroughly again to infuse the garlic. If you wish you can add a little butter and chopped parsley as well.
- Serve the meat and vegetables with these creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops