You'll brave any weather after this.
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh tarragon or mixed fresh herbs (plus extra for to finish sauce)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 200 g mixed mushrooms
- 2 oz flour
- 2 oz butter
- rapeseed oil for frying
- 100 ml wexford creamery cream
- 1.5 pint chicken stock
- 70 g sea asparagus
- fluffy mashed potato
- Brown the chicken pieces on a hot pan with some oil until nicely coloured.
- Place the chicken in a suitable casserole dish.
- Now in the same pan fry off the onions and mushrooms, then toss them onto the chicken.
- Pour in the stock and cover with foil or lid.
- Place in the oven at 180c for about an hour or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and keep warm.
- Make a roux from the butter and flour.
- Now slowly whisk in the stock until you achieve a nice sauce, cook until the flour. is cooked out ( you cant taste the raw flour), be careful as it can stick if not stired! If it's too thick, just add a little more water to thin it out.
- Add the cream to finish and fresh chopped tarragon and sea asparagus.
- Pour this back over the chicken and serve with creamy fluffy mash.
More by Phelim Byrne:
- Marinated Roast Pork Fillet in Chilli and Ginger
- Handmade decadent assorted Chocolate Truffles
- Herbed Sardine Humus with Fresh Tomato Bruschetta