A real winter warmer.
- 400 g natural smoked haddock
- 400 g skinned cod fillets
- 2 fennel (cleaned and diced)
- 1 small tin butter beans
- 50 ml pernod
- 200 g mashed potatoes (mixed with 2 egg yolks)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 300 ml fish stock
- 150 ml cream
- 2 cup spinach leaves
- 2 sticks of celery diced
- 100 g butter
- 2 tblsp chopped dill
- 1 chopped leek
- Heat an ovenproof dish over medium heat.
- Add butter and sautéed shallot, carrot and celery.
- Add Pernod, fish stock and reduce by half.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Add fennel and let simmer for 3/5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with sea salt and white pepper.
- Add fish, beans, spinach, dill and leeks.
- Cover with mash potatoes and then bake in an oven heated at 190°C for 30 minutes until the potato is brown.