Start Christmas dinner in style with Garth McColgan's recipe for Prawn Cocktail with a Sweet and Chilli Twist.
- 2 packets jumbo prawns (frozen, plus the juice)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1 packet sweet & spicy stir fry sauce
- 2 packets coconut, lemongrass & chilli sauce
- 3 fresh tomatoes (de-seeded and cut into 2mm strips)
- 0.5 cucumber (de-seeded and cut into 2mm strips)
- To defrost the prawns, put them in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Empty the coconut, lemon grass & chilli sauce packets into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the prawns (and juices) and remove from the heat.
- To serve, mix the tomato and cucumber batons together Tear off the leaves of the lettuce to make ‘bowls’.
- Divide the prawns into the ‘bowls’ and top with a spoon of sweet & spicy sauce. Garnish with the tomato and cucumber batons.
- Serve with a thick slice of wholemeal bread, smothered in butter.