A fantastic dinner for all the family from Catherine Fulvio.
- 1.5 kg leg of lamb (ask you butcher to de-bone and butterfly)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- juice of 2 lemons and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- olive oil
- for the lemon dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch salt, or to taste
- pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 170 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- Mix the lemon juice, zest, fennel seeds, garlic and rosemary with about 4 tbsp olive oil. Rub over the lamb and place in a zip-loc bag into the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas 5). Bring the lamb to room temperature, which will take about half an hour, strain it from the marinade pat it dry and put it into the roasting tin.
- Place the tin on the hob and brown the lamb on all sides. Then place a rack in the roasting tin and put the lamb on top, skin side up. Season with salt and pepper and roast the lamb for 40-45 minutes for medium rare, basting it from time to time. Cook for a further 10 minutes if you don’t like your lamb too pink.
- Allow it to rest for ten minutes in a warm place.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together to emulsify them. Then transfer the lamb onto a serving platter with the roasted pumpkin and garlic. Spoon over the lemon dressing and serve.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Margherita Pizza, Parma Ham & Rocket: Fulvio
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle