Catherine Fulvio shows you how to roast pumpkin.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 8 shallots
- 1 orange (halved crossways)
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves (whole)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Cut the pumpkin in lengths and scoop out the seeds with a metal spoon and discard. Put the cut halves, flat side down on a board and cut into chunks of about 10 cm.
- Put the pumpkin and shallots into a large roasting pan. Squeeze over the juice and put the squeezed halves into the tin with the vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and put the rosemary sprigs on top.
- Add salt and pepper, place into a preheated oven to roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the garlic. Shake the pan to prevent them from sticking. Return them to the oven for a further 15 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Margherita Pizza, Parma Ham & Rocket: Fulvio
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle