A seasonal favourite.
- 75 g flour
- third tsp baking powder
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- 75 g dried suet
- 35 g ground almonds
- 180 g muscovado sugar
- 1/3tsp mixed spice
- pinch cinnamon and nutmeg
- 60 g stoned prunes
- 60 g grated carrot
- 250 g mixed currents, sultanas and raisins
- 20 g mixed peel
- small apple grated
- orange and lemon (juiced and zest)
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml rum
- 1 tblsp treacle/golden syrup
- 100 ml stout
- Mix the flour, baking powder, breadcrumbs, suet, ground almonds, sugar and spices together.
- Chop the prunes and mix with the currents, sultanas, raisins, mixed peel, grated apples, orange and lemon zest in a separate bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add to the orange and lemon juice, rum, treacle, golden syrup and stout.
- The pudding ingredients can now be totally mixed together now and should be a wet loose consistency if it feels to dry then add more stout.
- Leave covered in the fridge for 2 days. Then fill your 2lb pudding basin and steam for 4 hours topping up with boiling water when necessary.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch