A light and healthy fish dish from Catherine Fulvio.
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 175 g whole small prawns
- 175 g squid (cut into rings)
- 2 fillets of any firm white fish (such as monkfish, cut into squares)
- 1 courgette (thinly sliced)
- 1 bulb fennel (thinly sliced)
- sparkling water
- Chill all the fish together over bowl of ice and put to one side. Mix the flour and cayenne together and heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180°C. Dust the fish with the flour and cayenne, then place into the heated oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, taking care not to overload the pan. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm in a low oven and continue until all the fish is cooked.
- To prepare the vegetables, firstly dip them in sparkling water and then in the flour and immediately cook in the hot oil. Toss the vegetables together with the fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place them on a board and serve with lemon wedges.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Today: Catherine's Cider Chicken Casserole
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio