A firm restaurant favourite all over Ireland, Catherine Fulvio shows us how.
- 300 g raspberry jam
- 75 ml plus 4 tbsp marsala
- 150 ml orange juice
- 475 g mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 375 ml chilled whipping cream
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 52 (about) savoiardi biscuits
- 750 g raspberries (divided)
- If possible, it is best to prepare this dish a day ahead so all of the elements can meld and the Savoiardi can soften fully. First, whisk the jam, 75ml Marsala and the orange juice together.
- Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tbsp Marsala in large bowl, folding in, just enough to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tbsp Marsala in another large bowl, into soft peaks. Stir a quarter of the whipped cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture to lighten it, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spread the jam mixture at the bottom of the serving dish and arrange enough Savoiardi over the mixture to cover the bottom of dish. Spoon more jam mixture over the Savoiardi and then spread some of the mascarpone mixture over that. Arrange some raspberries over the mascarpone mixture and repeat layering with the remaining Savoiardi, jam mixture, and mascarpone mixture. Cover it with plastic and chill for at least eight hours or overnight.
- Arrange the leftover raspberries over tiramisù and serve. 32 x 22 x 12cm serving dishes/bowls or individual glasses.