Richard Corrigan's recipe for delicious stuffing balls.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 300 g breadcrumbs
- 100 ml cream
- 300 g good sausagemeat
- 1 sprig of thyme (leaves removed)
- 6 dried prunes (chopped)
- 6 dried apricots (halved)
- 4 dates (chopped)
- 12 slices pancetta (or one piece per stuffing ball)
- In a mixing bowl, pour the cream over the breadcrumbs and set to one side.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sweat the onion, garlic and thyme. Mix the sausagemeat, prunes, apricots, dates with the sweated onion, garlic and herbs and the breadcrumbs and cream. Mix really well; it’s easiest if you use your hands to do this.
- To shape the stuffing ball mix: Take some mixture and roll it between the palms of your hands. The stuffing ball should be about the size of a golfball. Take a piece of pancetta, and wrap it around the outside of the stuffing ball.
- Place in the oven for the last 15-20 minutes at 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips