Richard Corrigan shows how to create the perfect side dish for your Christmas feast!
- 8-10 medium potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 100 g goose fat
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Bring some salted water to a gentle boil. When the water is at a rolling boil, add the potatoes. Simmer potatoes for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes pour off the boiling water. Place a tea towel in to the saucepan on top of the potatoes; this will help dry them out.
- Give the potatoes a gentle shake; this will roughen up the outsides of the potatoes which will give the potatoes a lovely crunchy edge. Melt half of the goose fat and butter in to a roasting tin. When it is hot, add the potatoes and allow them to cook turning so the potatoes are golden brown on all sides.
- Add the rest of goose fat and butter as required. Finally, before putting the potatoes into an oven preheated to 220°C (425°F/Gas 7), sprinkle the rosemary over the potatoes.
- The potatoes will take a further 15-20 minutes to cook in the oven. Turn them occasionally to get perfect roast potatoes.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips