Perfect ot keep or give away this Christmas from Richard Corrigan.
- 250 g cranberries
- 250 g kumquats (sliced)
- 55 g onions (chopped)
- 2 tblsp juniper berries (crushed)
- 170 g light muscovado sugar
- 100 ml sherry vinegar
- 1 tblsp nut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1cm of ginger, optional
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Sweat off the onion until it’s translucent, taking care not to brown it, then add a generous amount of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Add the kumquats, cranberries, sugar, juniper berries and a dash of sherry vinegar; if you are using the ginger, add it at this point too.
- Cook over a medium heat for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- To store:
- Store chutney in an airtight jar and store in a cool dry dark place until you are ready to use it, the flavour of this chutney improves when it’s left for a little while.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips