A tasty starter from Des Cahill.
- for the chicken marinade:
- 2 free range, grain fed chicken breasts (approx 600g)
- 30 ml dark soy sauce
- 30 ml organic clear honey
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- for the honey and mustard dressing:
- 15 ml wholegrain mustard
- 25 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots (finely diced)
- 10 g chives (finely chopped)
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g mixed baby leaves
- 2 punnets of micro chives
- 40 g cashel blue cheese
- 15 g pine nuts
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC/Gas 4.
- To Marinate the Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, salt and freshly ground black pepper and coat the chicken breasts in the mixture. Set aside to marinade for 1 hour.
- To Make the Dressing:
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To Cook the Chicken:
- In a griddle pan, cross mark chicken over a medium to high heat. Place in pre-heated oven for 12 mins, or until the chicken is done.
- Toss the salad with one tablespoon of the dressing until leaves are lightly coated. Crumble in the Cashel Blue and gently toss in the pine nuts.
- Slice the chicken into thin slices.
- To Serve:
- Divide the leaves on to 4 dishes. Place the thin slices of chicken next to leaves. Drizzle the chicken with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
More by Des Cahill:
- Lamb En Croute, Roasted Root Vegetables with Rosemary and Garlic
- Creamy White Chocolate Mousse and Strawberry Ripple
- Cashel Blue Cheese Salad with Pancetta and Toasted Pine Nuts