A great festive starter.
- 200 g sliced smoked salmon
- 50 ml mayonnaise
- bunch of dill
- 200 g new potatoes
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- 50 ml cream
- 2 tblsp baby capers
- extra virgin olive oil
- Firstly boil the new potatoes and cut into small pieces, mix with some finely grated lemon zest, one tablespoon of chopped dill and enough mayo to bind everything together.
- Spoon the potato mix into a metal pastry ring in the centre of each plate. Top with the smoked salmon.
- Lightly whip the cream to soft peaks and spoon some in some creamed horseradish to taste, it should be a little bit hot to taste but not to overpowering.
- Place a tablespoon of horseradish cream on top of each salmon.
- Finish by frying some capers in a hot frying pan with butter until they turn crispy, sprinkling some over and around the plate and adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops