You will never again return to the shop-bought cranberry sauce after tasting this delicious commodity.
- 225 g fresh cranberries
- 110 g caster sugar
- juice & zest of 1 orange
- 50 ml port
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 measure of port
- Add all the ingredients into the pot and boil for 10-12 minutes until the majority of the liquids have reduced. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer to a sterile jar and label.
- This makes a delicious gift for friends!
Kevin's tip: If the cranberry sauce is too thick add a little hot orange juice and use fresh Irish cranberries the flavour is so much better.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon