Naomi Byrne's recipe to serve with your Christmas dinner.
- 110 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion (with 15 cloves pierced into the peeled skin)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pint milk
- 8 black peppercorns
- 2 tblsp cream
- Place the onion in a saucepan with the milk, peppercorns and bay leaf. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat, but leave all the ingredients in the pot to infuse over two hours. Next, remove the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Place the infused milk back on a low heat and gradually stir in the breadcrumbs followed by the fresh cream. Season and serve.
More by Naomi Byrne:
- Cranberry with Cinnamon and Orange
- Roast Beef, Horseradish Cream and Rocket Sandwich
- Spiced Apple and Tomato Chutney