A low-calorie chilli from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- 5 ml tsp olive oil
- 150 g lean mince meat
- 100 g onion chopped
- 150 g red pepper
- 1 (or only half-depending how hot you want!) fresh chilli
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 0.5 vegetable stock
- a few drops of worcestershire sauce
- hot water from kettle (if required)
- 1 half can of (130g drained weight) red kidney beans
- 1 steamed or boiled carrot (mashed)
- Peel the carrot and cut in cubes.
- While carrot steaming (boiling) heat oil and fry chopped onion, red pepper, chilli cut thinly and crushed garlic.
- Add the mincemeat and the rest of spices and herbs and hot water from the kettle if required. Let simmer under the lid until cooked.
- Add red kidney beans. Mash carrots with potato masher.
- Serve chilli con carne over mashed carrots.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad