A tasty dish that is simple to make.
- sauce ingredients
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms (cut in half)
- 70 g button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 50 g onions- roughly diced
- 40 g oyster sauce
- 40 g vegetable oil
- 28 g chee hou sauce/yellow bean sauce
- 6 g cornflour
- 10 g rice wine vinegar
- 20 g ginger (coarsely cut)
- 18 g garlic (coarsely cut)
- 8 g chilli sauce
- 4 g sugar
- 200 ml diluted chicken stock
- 2 g salt (or to taste)
- two chicken breasts (cut into slices)
- marinated in a large tablespoon of soy, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar & a level teaspoon of cornflour
- Add all liquid ingredients to chicken with a level teaspoon of cornflour. Leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Add half the vegetable oil to a hot wok or frying pan and heat until smoking, add marinated chicken and fry until golden brown on each side. Take out of pan and leave to sit on a plate.
- Wipe wok/frying pan clean and add remaining oil and heat until smoking.
- Add garlic & ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds or until golden brown
- Add diced onions and continue to fry for 1 minute or until transparent
- Add Mushrooms and continue frying for 2-3 minutes until cooked and lightly coloured
- Add Oyster sauce, Chee Hou sauce, sugar, chilli sauce, rice wine vinegar and half diluted chicken stock and bring to simmer
- Dilute cornflour with a little water and mix into a smooth paste and add to sauce slowly
- Add cooked chicken & simmer until sauce coats chicken & mushrooms
- Add remaining chicken stock if sauce is too thick and add salt if required
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
More by Ken Hom:
- Beef & Black Bean Stir Fry
- Stir-Fried Rainbow Vegetables with Lettuce Cups
- Crispy Hong Kong Salt and Pepper Prawns