A wonderful festive drink.
- 100 g mixed (winter) berries (defrosted are perfect)
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- 0.5 lime, juice
- 0.5 tsp green saffron’s mixed spice
- 60 g sugar syrup (syrup de gomme)
- 1 level tsp cinnamon or cassia (ground)
- 2 500ml yoghurt, greek
- 3 tblsp runny honey
- 3 green cardamom pods (seeds only, crushed)
- handful ice-cubes
- 4 star anise and orange peel for garnish
- 4 high-ball glasses
- In a blender jug, pop the (defrosted) berries, sugar, Mixed Spice and lime juice. Blitz to a purée.
- Pour a little of the purée into the bottom of each of the four glasses.
- Wash out your blender jug.
- Pour the yoghurt, runny honey, crushed cardamom pods, ground cassia and sugar syrup into the (clean) blender jug and throw a handful of ice cubes in on top.
- Blitz to a smooth, luscious mix.
- Gently pour the spiced yoghurt mix into each glass to for the second layer.
- Garnish each drink with a star anise and curled orange peel. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More by Arun Kapil:
- Today: Have a Liver Bit of Arun Kapil's Dinner
- Cauliflower 'Chips': Arun Kapil Today show recipe
- Sofa Chicken: Arun Kapil's Today recipe