Kevin Dundon shows us how to make perfect gravy.
- 1 tblsp plain flour
- 0.5 glass red wine
- 450 ml chicken/beef stock
- Remove the joint of meat from the roasting tray and place the tray on direct heat.
- Add in the flour and whisk until the mixture becomes dry and lumpy in consistency.
- Whisk in the red wine and chicken stock slowly.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in a sprig of redcurrants and ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary and serve drizzled over the meat.
- Top tip: Save the liquid from cooking your vegetables in, as it makes a great stock for your sauce.
- You could add a spoonful of cranberry sauce to it to give it an interesting twist.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show