Dr Eva Orsmond serves up a healthy chicken curry.
- 5 ml olive oil
- 150 g chicken or turkey breast (cut in thin strips)
- 1 butternut squash (approx 100g, peeled, seeds removed and cut in thin strips)
- 70 g green pepper (pips removed and cut into thin strips)
- 100 g celeriac (cut into strips)
- 100 g onion (finely sliced)
- 25 g peppadews (finely chopped)
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 2ml yellow curry paste
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 0.25 vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Cut the chicken into small strips and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the butternut squash, green pepper, celeriac and onion. Add the hot water and stir.
- Add the stock cube and garlic and stir into the pan. Add the peppadews, turmeric, yellow curry paste and Kaffir lime leaf. Place a lid over the pan for a minute or two to activate the curry and spices.
- Stir in the chicken strips and soy sauce and cover the wok with a lid and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the Kaffir lime leaf before serving.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad