A quick and simple dish.
- 25 ml rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- grated zest of one orange
- 1 tsp birds eye chillies (chopped)
- 25 g blackbeans
- 75 g spring onions (1" shanks)
- 50 g diced onion
- 75 g diced red peppers
- 75 g diced green peppers
- 45 ml oyster sauce
- 40 g chee hou sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 200 ml water
- 20 ml sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- (use approx 100g meat per portion)
- Finely chop and quickly fry the fillet steak. Set aside
- Heat the vegetable oil in the wok, add ginger and garlic and fry over a high heat until starts to become golden and toasted.
- Add the orange peel & fry until it releases citrus notes.
- Then fry chilli, black beans and chopped onions, for 20 seconds
- Add the spring onions and peppers & fry lightly to retain bite
- Add the 2 pastes - Chee Hou Sauce, Oyster Sauce along with the water and sugar. Then return the meat to the wok.
- Finish with the sesame oil and thicken with the cornflour
More by Ken Hom:
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie
- Stir-Fried Rainbow Vegetables with Lettuce Cups
- Crispy Hong Kong Salt and Pepper Prawns